- This notice is the privacy notice of Sliderobes Group Limited, a company registered in Northern Ireland with company number NI017409 whose registered office address is at 61 Boucher Crescent, Belfast, Antrim, BT12 6HU (“Sliderobes Group”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
- We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process any personal data that you give us when you purchase a product or service, make an appointment, sign up to our brochure or visiting our website. It applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of us.
2. Sliderobes Group and Data Protection
- For the purpose of data protection law, we are the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data.
- For the purpose of this privacy notice, the “Group Companies” means Sliderobes Group (details of which are set out above), together with franchise partners trading as Sliderobes (see Appendix 1).
- Where you provide personal information to one company within the Sliderobes Group or Franchise it may be shared with other companies within the Sliderobes Companies. This is in our legitimate interests to enable us to operate our Group effectively and to provide you with an efficient service.
- All members of the Sliderobes Group are bound by this privacy notice.
3. What kind of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information processed in connection with products and services provided, includes:
- Personal and contact details, such as title, name, address and contact details, billing address, delivery address, postcode, email address and telephone numbers.
- Records of communications with you such as brochure requests, appointment notifications, contract and warranty letters (as appropriate).
- Transaction data such as details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Financial data such as bank account and payment card details.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
4. What is the source of your personal information?
- Personal information is sourced by direct interactions, for example, you may give us your identity, contact and financial data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, telephone, email or otherwise.
5. What do we use your personal data for?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Registering new customers.
- Postal communications with you, where appropriate, such as brochures, promotional offers, appointment letters, warranty documents, invoices and accounting communications.
- To improve the business operations and managing our relationship with you.
- To monitor and to keep records of communications with you.
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance.
- To share information, as needed, with service providers (such as accompanying trades) as part of providing our products and services.
- To enable other Group Companies to perform any of the above purposes. Note we will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Group Companies for marketing purposes.
- To process and deliver your order including managing payments, fees and charges and collecting and recovering money owed to us.
6. What are the lawful bases for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
- Where you have asked us to enquire about or obtain finance for you to contact brokers and finance companies, to try to find and put in place the finance you require;
- Sliderobes processes your personal data as it is necessary for the performance of the contract, or to take steps prior to entering into a contract, to which you or your organisation are a party.
- The storing of your information enables Sliderobes Group and franchises to hold your information for the purposes in validating your warranty as per your contract for products purchased.
- Where you have requested that we keep you up-to-date with news, updates, promotions and events, by the types of communication that you have asked us to use;
Where we otherwise have a legitimate interest in doing so, including:
- Where you make an enquiry or request any particular information, to respond to that enquiry and provide the requested information
- Sharing your personal information within the Sliderobes Group and/or with the manufacturers of your furniture
- Verifying the accuracy of information that we hold about you;
- For network and information security purposes so we can take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- To comply with a request from you regarding the exercise of your rights;
- To inform you of an update to our terms and conditions and policies;
- Carrying out checks to prevent fraud to protect us from dishonest activity;
- Reminding you of your options exercisable at the end of a finance agreement;
- Advising you of options available to you which we believe you will find beneficial during the course of your finance agreement;
- Informing you about our range of furniture including new ranges;
- To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes;
- Analysing, evaluating and improving our services so that your visit to our website, applications and customer service centre are more useful and enjoyable;
- Using automated methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer service to you by tailoring and making relevant all our service and communications (for example, when your mileage suggests your vehicle is due for a service;
- Storing phone call recordings and other communications and queries received from you for both quality improvement and staff training purposes.
7. When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
- The Group Companies and service providers;
- Business partners (for example, financial services institutions) and others who are a part of providing your products and services or operating our business;
- Other organisations and businesses who provide services such as back up and server hosting providers, IT software and maintenance providers, document storage providers and suppliers of other back office functions; and
- Market research organisations who assist in the development and improvement of our products and services.
8. How and when can you withdraw your consent?
- Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details below.
9. Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
- We’re based in the UK but sometimes your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. If we do so we’ll make sure that a similar degree of protection is afforded to it and that suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using approved contractual agreements.
10. What should you do if your personal information changes?
- Contact us with any changes to personal information and your records will be updated as appropriate.
11. Do you have to provide your personal information?
- We might be unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, this will be made clear.
12. For how long is your personal information retained?
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- Unless explained otherwise to you, your personal information will be held based on the following criteria:
- For as long as there are reasonable business needs, such as managing the relationship with you and managing internal operations;
- For as long goods and/or services are provided to you including details of any warranties or guarantees associated with your goods/ services; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
13. What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, the will be explained at that time if they are engaged or not.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed;
- The right to object to processing of your personal information;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”);
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it;
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”); and
- You have the right to complain to supervisory authority which enforces data protection laws: ico.org.uk (UK) or www.dataprotection.ie (Ireland).
ICO Postal Address: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, Tel: 0303 123 111 / Data Protection Ireland Postal Address: Data Protection Commission, 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2, D02 RD28, Ireland, Tel: 1800437 737
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can make contact by post or email to exercise these rights.
12. What are your marketing preferences and what do they mean?
- We may use your home address, phone numbers, email address and social media or digital channels (for example, Facebook, Google and message facilities in other platforms) to contact you according to your marketing preferences.
- You can opt out of any email or text marketing by following the unsubscribe links. You can also write to Sliderobes Group Ltd., 61 Boucher Crescent, Belfast, BT12 6HU, marking it for the attention of the Data Protection Coordinator or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Changes to this Privacy Notice
List of Sliderobes Group Companies
- Sliderobes Group Limited (company number NI017409 whose registered office address is at 61 Boucher Crescent, Belfast, Antrim, BT12 6HU) VAT no: 873027426
- Creative Furniture Limited (company number: FC025429 whose registered office is at Unit 4a Clonminam Industrial Estate, Portlaoise, Laois R32h928, Ireland). VAT no: 4773948R.
- Custom Storage Solutions Limited (company number: 04505002 whose registered office address is at Sliderobes, 1 Goddard Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 5NP). VAT no: 819479385
- Reddington Jordan Limited (company number: 01763120 whose registered office address is at Unit 3c Deacon Est, Forstal Rd, Aylesford Maidstone, Kent, ME20 7SP) VAT no: 460630274
- Sliding Door Solutions Limited (company number: 05847593 whose registered office address is at 8 Farmhouse Close, Bottesford, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG13 0AF). VAT no: 890803116
- Products of Distinction Limited (04685339 whose registered office address is at Unit 2 Qbm Business Park Geldard Road, Birstall, Batley, West Yorkshire, England, WF17 9QD),. VAT no: 809243041
- Gliding Doors Limited (company number:05092739 whose registered office address is at Unit 3 Croft Trade Park, Welton Road, Bromborough, Wirral, CH62 3PAQ). VAT no: 837415518